Two opportunities to see one great show
Click the link to the show you wish to attend!
Please join us TOMORROW (Saturday, October 27) for our Spaghetti Supper and Fall Concert!! Our 6:00 dinner seating has already sold out, but there is still plenty of space at the 5:15 table! After dinner, you will be treated to a beautiful concert. Our kids have worked so hard and cannot wait to let you listen to their beautiful music!!!
Registration is underway and we are getting super excited about our new 2018-2019 season of Joyful Sound! Choir and Performing Arts! Our Spring Show, 100 Years of Broadway, was a huge success. We are ready to see what our new year holds!
If you are interested in singing and performing with us, we would love to meet you. We have interviews scheduled through the summer for families who are interested in learning more about JS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
If you are a returning student, be sure to register for our new season of choir by paying your registration/audition invoice so we can get your audition completed well before the first day of choir.
High School competition classes have been underway for several weeks. If your high school student plans to compete in TMEA, please register in your Choral Genius account by purchasing a music packet from the store. Competition practice is currently being held at North Oaks Baptist Church on Tuesdays from 2:30-4:30.
Our brand new Acappella group called POP! has also been rehearsing on Tuesdays at North Oaks Baptist Church from 1:00-2:30. To get in on this fun group, simply show up! It is pay as you go ($10 per rehearsal you attend). Ages 13 and up.
Look forward to seeing you very soon!!
FORMAL WARDROBE TRY-ON DAY!!!!
How exciting that our fall concert is getting closer!
How scary that Hurricane Harvey has caused us to be WAAAY behind on wardrobe checks!
It is SUPER EXTREMELY important that you make every effort to arrive at your scheduled wardrobe time. Every student must have their wardrobe approved by Brandi or Dixie. Even if you think it fits fine. Even if you have already been checked. Even if you have been in choir for 18 years and you know it is fine. Every student must arrive wearing their formals and be approved on Tuesday.
1. Please arrive fully dressed at your scheduled time. We do not have space or time to change at the church. After the fitting, your child can change into their regular clothes. Please arrive FULLY DRESSED. Please take your childs wardrobe back out to your car after the fitting, if at all possible.
2. Please begin gathering all wardrobe pieces TODAY and have them ready to put on Tuesday morning. We have to place a final order for all accessories next Wednesday. This means that whatever items you do not arrive with on Tuesday will be ordered for you and added to your monthly invoice. Even if you find your old one after the fitting. We MUST place the order on Wednesday, so Tuesday is your deadline to have it approved. This includes the assigned lipstick from last year. Please bring it with you for the wardrobe ladies to approve the shade. All girls wear lipstick.
3. If you are missing pieces of your formal wear, please arrive wearing whatever you do have. It might look silly to have on formal shoes with no dress, or a tux without the vest and tie.... but that is what we want you to do. We need to see everything that you already have and we need it on your body. Wear a t-shirt with your tux or wear your street clothes with your formal shoes... whatever you need to do to to show the wardrobe team what you can get approved. This includes any hair bows you plan on using.
4. Please make every effort to arrive at your scheduled time. A lot of planning has gone into attempting to organize this day so that no time is taken from any rehearsals. Please, please if at all possible, make this wardrobe fitting day a number one priority as we attempt to outfit close to 70 children. It is a huge job. If there is absolutely no way you can arrive at the time you are scheduled, please text Karri ASAP (before Tuesday morning) at 281-433-7819 so I can move your spot. We are working on a very tight schedule. Please do not arrive early as you will just have to wait outside until we make it to your time block. No fittings will take place during your scheduled rehearsal time, everyone will have to come early or stay late. Be aware if you cannot make the scheduled time, the next available time where we can move you will most likely not be very convenient as there are only certain times the staff and volunteers will be doing wardrobe checks through the day. Please do not forget to text me ASAP if you need accommodations to your scheduled time.
5. Wardrobe must be ordered next week. Please be prepared to purchase (check preferred) what is missing from your childs outfit. If we do not have a used garmet for you, a deposit of $35 for CC (total cost will be $75) and $45 for YC (total cost will be $90) will be due at the end of your fitting tomorrow. Also be prepared to purchase any used items that we are able to find on the rack for you. Money for accessories will also be collected at this time. All money is due tomorrow.
6. If you signed up as a volunteer for the Wardrobe Committee, your help is greatly needed on Tuesday (and to make phone calls before Tuesday)! Please text Karri Bledsoe 281-433-7819 which fittings you are available to assist us with, based on the chart below.
THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR COOPERATION!!!!!
Feel free to ask questions in the comments section
of any of our posts.